A New Season is Finally Upon Us!!
|Day||5pm - 7pm||7pm - 9pm|
|Tuesday||18U & 14U||15U & 16U|
|Wednesday||15U & 16U|
|Thursday||18U & 14U|
For the upcoming season, please log into the website and make sure all your contact information is correct. Here's how you do that.
Returning Athletes who played for Rize last season...
1) Click the 'Login' link along the top menu.
2) Log in to the website using your username and password from last season.
3) If you don't remember your login information then just scroll down the login page and put your email address in the box and click the green "Reset and Email my Password' button. You must enter the email address we had for you in our system last season for this to work. The website will email you a 'link' that you click to reset your password to something new that you'll remember.
4) After you've successfully logged in, hover over the 'Login' link again and choose 'Account' and go through your personal information and correct any errors or old info. Please make absolutely sure that the email addresses are filled in and are 100% accurate and that you only use email addresses that you check regularly.
New athletes who wish to try out...
Typically, the Richmond Rize have fielded 4 girls teams consisting of 14U, 15U, 16U and 18U however we encourage everyone who is interested in playing volleyball to register and we will form the teams that best serve all our athletes. Here are the official age categories for the upcoming season:
18U: Athletes born from September 1, 1998 to Dec 31 1999 (16 months)
17U: Athletes born from September 1, 1999 to Dec 31 2000 (16 months)
16U: Athletes born from September 1, 2000 to Dec 31 2001 (16 months)
15U: Athletes born from September 1, 2001 to Dec 31 2002 (16 months)
14U: Athletes born from September 1, 2002 to Dec 31 2003 (16 months)
(There age groups overlap so that any child born in the last 4 months of any year (Sept 1st-Dec 31st) can be placed on a younger team if the younger team is more suitable for their stage of development.)
All tryout and team roster decisions will be made by the coaching staff of the teams with the best interest of all the athletes in mind.
In recent days, there has been a flurry of activity around a concept that was communicated to me just before Christmas. The concept is the formation of a 'Volleyball Cape Breton' association of teams from CBI and the creation of a league that allows these teams to compete against each other locally instead of travelling to far away places to compete. With this concept comes the idea of providing a place for the best players on CBI to join an 18U Girls 'elite' team that would give these athletes a chance to train together and compete at the highest levels throughout the season in Tier 1 and compete for gold at Provincials and perhaps Nationals.
So, here is a second tryout for this elite 18U Girls team being held at
Whycocomagh Education Centre (WEC) on Tuesday, Jan 10th from 5:30 - 7:30pm
Here is some information about the team...
- Registration fee is $295, with approximately $1 000 total, spent during the whole season for travel, hotels and tournament costs (this can be returned with fundraising and/or sponsorships)
- 7 weekend tournaments total : 3 tournaments, 3 Super Series, Provincials (and possibly even Nationals)
- Practices will be held at Whycocomagh Education Centre, as it is a central area in CB
- It is a great opportunity to play high caliber volleyball, however it is a big commitment. If you plan on attending, please ensure that you are ready for this commitment.
On July 1st - 7th, three Rize athletes, Emma Jeffrey (14U), Madison DeCoste (16U) and Jayde Marchand (16U) took part in a grueling 6-day Elite Development Camp in Sydney. This camp was also the final selection camp for our Provincial teams who train in Halifax from July 24th-28th and then travel to St John's, NL to proudly represent Nova Scotia in the Eastern Elite Championships on July 29th & 30th. As one of the six 16U coaches who was honoured to be asked to participate in this high-level development camp and selection process, I can attest to how hard each and every athlete worked and how much they grew as competitive athletes and teammates while they learned the latest in offensive and defensive systems.
I am very proud to announce that Jayde Marchand has been chosen to represent Nova Scotia and the Richmond Rize on our Provincial team. Congratulations Jayde!! You were asked to make significant personal sacrifices by moving to the Libero position early in the camp and all who watched you in action were very impressed with how you fully embraced your new role to help the team succeed. We are sure you will be a force on the Provincial team.
~ Michael Hawke - President, Richmond Rize Volleyball Club
Congratulations to Jayde Marchand for being named a tournament All Star in the 16U Tier 1 Provincial Championships. What a great accomplishment!
Congrats to the 16U Girls who went into the Provincial Championships seeded 8th in Tier 1 and finished the competition placing 4th in the province. What a spectacular result and all are to be congratulated! Great work Jannick and all the 16U girls. You did us proud!
Congrats to the 14U Girls team for winning the Bronze Medal at the Subway Silver Platter in Antigonish. Great work ladies!